Profile


Hello there, welcome to my beauty/lifestyle blog! My name is SJ and I am from Vancouver, British Columbia.
My interests include photography, (Korean/Japanese) beauty/skincare and... cute stuff (Mamegoma & Rilakkuma ♥).

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hair Update, Products, Maintenance

 
Hi everyone! I just wanted to do a quick update on what I've been doing to (kill) my hair :)

Fall is approaching, and I can only continue seeing more and more girls going for the ombré hair look.

I've tried to achieve it with a drugstore ombré kit (L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre 080) and it definitely wasn't easy to bleach my heavily chemically processed hair.

After many efforts, this is currently what my hair looks like:


I shot these images with my iPod using Retrica.
 

Products Used

The Roots/Top Portion

I used Revlon Colorsilk: 31 Dark Auburn. It as an ammonia-free dye. 

The Ends 

 
 
I used L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre 080. I saturated most of the product on my ends to ensure that region to be the lightest.
 
 

Because my hair did turn brassy, I tried to tone it with purple shampoo. I used John Frieda Sheer Blonde Tone-Correcting Shampoo. To be honest, I did see some sections of my hair becoming ashy, but definitely not to the extent I had hoped for. The product itself doesn't appear to be very pigmented, so it's either that reason or my hair wasn't exactly blonde enough for the result to be very effective.
 
 
 
 I heard some girls would dye over their bleached, brassy ends with an ash blonde colour.. so I decided to give it a try. I used Clairol's Nice n' Easy 106 Natural Ash Blonde. I must say, overall, I am pleased with how my bleached area looks less brassy. I sort of wish I went for a lighter ash blonde, but I wasn't bold enough to do that.
 
I haven't used dyes with ammonia in such a long time, so when I came back to this brand... bleh... LOL! It was hard to breathe :(
 

 Maintenance

 My hair has become quite damaged, so for that reason it has also become high maintenance! I make sure to apply oils to my hair after I wash my hair to nourish it. I mainly use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum on the bleached area and Joico Color Endure Leave-in Protectant to preserve the auburn. I'm looking for more moisturizing products... but I'll see how that goes.
 
 
I should really give my hair a break... yet I always say that... LOL.
 
<3 Cheers :)