Profile


Hello there, welcome to my beauty/lifestyle blog! My name is SJ and I am from Vancouver, British Columbia.
My interests include photography, (Korean/Japanese) beauty/skincare and... cute stuff (Mamegoma & Rilakkuma ♥).

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Review: Joico Vero K-Pak Color Intensity Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Hello everyone!

Today I will be sharing you with you my experience using the Joico Vero K-Pak Color Intensity Semi Permanent dyes: Magenta and Ametheyst Purple.

Prior to using these products, my hair colour was a faded burgundy that turned into a brassy brown. This is something extremely common when you go for colours like red or purple. I have always loved dyeing my hair in between those colours, but of course there is no permanent dye in the market that will actually ensure zero fading. Then, it hit me: why do I only use permanent dyes on a semi permanent colour?!  It's not meant to last anyway, I might as well use a semi-permanent product that would do less damage to my hair! 


Joico Vero K-Pak Color Intensity Semi Permanent
Magenta and Ametheyst Purple
118ml (4 fl oz) for $12.50 each


WHERE I PURCHASED IT

I purchased these products from Nail Polish Canada. Aside from carrying a wide variety of nail polish from well-known brands such as Essie, OPI, and Zoya, the store also sells makeup and hair products that are not easily attainable at your local drug stores (such as the ones in this review). 


APPLICATION

You do not need a developer to use this product. The instructions on the back tell you to apply this product to clean, dry hair to process for 20 minutes. However, since this product is very pigmented, I decided to mix it with some conditioner upon application, for 45 minutes. This is the fun thing about these semi-permanent dyes: you are able to mix any colours you want, and the possibilities are truly endless! Have fun with it! :D

I mixed more Magenta than Amethyst Purple into the consistency

RESULTS

After Application

Extremely happy with the results :D



















VERDICT: Pros & Cons

1. Very Pigmented Product & Easy to Use

Since this is such a concentrated cream, you don't need to use that much product. Mixing it with a conditioner will allow you to use this product more frequently, and it would surely be practical when you are re-saturating the colour as it fades each wash. No developer = less products to deal with.

2. Easy on the Hair

My hair did not feel damaged or dry after using this product as it has from some permanent dyes.

3. Decent Lasting Ability

For a semi-permanent dye, I'm surprised the colour has not completely faded after 3 washes. With some permanent dyes, the red colour fades even within one wash!


After 3 washes

























4. Bleeding and Stains 

It's surprising to note that although this is a semi-permanent dye, the amount of staining to my sink AND scalp was unexpected. I have never experienced something like this even with regular permanent dyes. No need to freak out though, just make sure you have some bleach readily available to clean up the mess on your sink and counter top.  HOWEVER... when it came to addressing the staining to my scalp, I really had no choice but to use colour treated shampoo to wash it off. Despite doing that, the colour did not fade significantly.



I love these dyes, and I will definitely be purchasing more to play around and experiment with!
Many more colour options from the product line