Profile


Hello there, welcome to my beauty/lifestyle blog! My name is SJ and I am from Vancouver, British Columbia.
My interests include photography, (Korean/Japanese) beauty/skincare and... cute stuff (Mamegoma & Rilakkuma ♥).

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Review: AliExpress Buys - Ditto-Themed Pokemon Plushes & Real VS Fake Pusheen



My order from AliExpress arrived recently so whooo! Here's to more unnecessary buying :D...


AliExpress is an online shopping platform (like another Ebay) based in China. There is constant stigma towards purchasing goods from China because the advertised images don't always match with what you get. Although I agree it really can be hit or miss at times, with any online store you shop from, just be sure to check the seller's or product reviews  before purchasing your goods!

Ditto-themed Pokemon Plush set 
Really had nothing to complain about because they were $3/ea and... so cute!! The quality surprised me because I honestly didn't expect them to this soft! Pretty detailed, too, as Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Clefairy have little claws. Definitely recommend!

Pusheen-Pizza keychain 
Alllrighttyyyy. How to spot a real vs fake Pusheen. I'm sure there are many already sources out there, but I'm going to show you differences that I've personally observed.


  1. Colour
    1. Body - the real one is a warm-purple-toned grey, whereas the fake is a true-cool-toned grey
    2. Face/Whisker/Back/Tail - the real one is a warm-brown, whereas the fake is dark brown/almost black
  2. Tags
    1. Colour - the text colour for the real one is dark, whereas the fake one is less saturated and more of a red colour
    2. Extra tag - the real one comes with an extra tag (perhaps a unique ID?)
These characteristics also apply to the regular Pusheen plushies, not just keychains as shown in my video. The reason why I wanted to discuss this is because...well, you don't want to be scammed to be buying something you didn't actually want! Amazon.ca listed some Pusheens for sale, advertised them as "by Gund", but came to be fake! (my point, it's not only eBay/AliExpress that might trick you). Just be careful when you shop for these and intend to buy the authentic product. Otherwise, if you don't care about buying dupes and just want to enjoy the product for what it is, just make sure you aren't overpaying!

:)