Profile


Hello there, welcome to my beauty/lifestyle blog! My name is SJ and I am from Vancouver, British Columbia.
My interests include photography, (Korean/Japanese) beauty/skincare and... cute stuff (Mamegoma & Rilakkuma ♥).

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Beautylish Original Lucky Bag (2020)

I know I am a year late to this post, but I still wanted to document it and have it on record >__> On a happy note, I did purchase the 2021 Lucky Bag, so I will make it a goal to post that the week I receive it!

 I actually did start drafting it, but forgot to finish. I am forever a procrastinator lol how did I ever graduate from post-secondary. I guess I need a deadline to be my motivator. ANYWAYS...


This was my first lucky bag from Beautylish. I usually stick to the same few brands for makeup/skincare, and wanted some variety to my collection (of junk.. LOL)

A lucky bag is a mystery bag where the contents are entirely random and sold at a discount. The concept originated from Japan  (in Japanese it is called a 福袋 fukubukuro) .




  1. Sugarpill x Little Twin Stars Collection  - $79.00 USD/26.00 USD (Beautylish vs Sugarpill site)

    Wow, I was genuinely surprised! Did they give this to me because I'm Asian (and knew I'd like it, haha)? While I don't love the colours thaaat much, I do love the packaging. This isn't something I would personally purchase, but my sister likes this Sanrio character more than I do, so I will probably give this to her.

  2. SONIA G.. Pencil Two Brush - $26.00 USD

    SCORE. I WAS HOPING I WOULD GET A SONIA G. OR WAYNE GOSS BRUSH. I believe this is the Pencil Two brush, as it is dense and dome shaped. It feels really nice. I don't own any expensive brushes... I'm so cheap that I just own ELF brushes lol (and some Real Technique brushes that were gifted). Truthfully, I had no issue with them so I never felt the need to splurge. But the longer I use makeup, over time, I wouldn't oppose to spending a little more on a couple of brushes that I use on a regular basis (ie: a foundation brush or a highlight brush).

  3. JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS 5 Year Anniversary Velour Liquid Lipstick Bundle - $75.00 USD

    A bit mixed emotion when I saw this. In the beauty community, when you hear/see the name JS... everyone has an opinion, lol. I have never owned any of JS' products, and although I have wondered what the hype is all about, I would never really make it out of my way to decisively purchase something just to satisfy that curiosity. I am more of natural-look makeup kind of gal, so... the white and green colours, obviously, did not make me jump for joy!

    I actually don't know what to do with this.

  4. JUNO & CO. Microfiber Rosé Velvet Sponge - $6.00 USD

    I have not opened this yet, I still have a bunch of beauty sponges to use first. I'm trying to stop opening new products when the old variation has not been thrown out yet... sigh


  5. BEAUTYLISH PRESENTS Faux Fur Brush Roll - $14.00 USD

    I quite like this, I hold my most frequently used eye brushes here. Glad they sent me the black and not the pink (prevent getting dirty!)

  6. GOOD MOLECULES Niacinamide Brightening Toner - $14.00 USD

    YAY! I was genuinely excited when I saw this because I love the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% by the Ordinary. I never knew how much my face was missing niacinamide lol darn you, stubborn blemishes. I haven't tried this yet, since I have like 2-3 other toners open at the moment.

  7. NATASHA DENONA Camel Palette - $48.00 USD

    Yay for neutrals!! I like ND palettes, this was a happy loot.


I don't even need to ask if I'd buy one again, because I already did lol hopefully the bag will come to me next week....  as of today, January 211st, it is in Calgary (shipped on January 12th), and I live in Vancouver, BC. Let's see how lucky I'll be this year.