Profile


Hello there, welcome to my beauty/lifestyle blog! My name is SJ and I am from Vancouver, British Columbia.
My interests include photography, (Korean/Japanese) beauty/skincare and... cute stuff (Mamegoma & Rilakkuma ♥).

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Food Review: Gram Cafe & Pancakes Canada

Gram Cafe was founded in 2014 in Osaka, and specializes in fluffy pancakes. 

I have never tried an authentic Japanese fluffy pancake ( I missed my opportunity even though I've visited Japan twice...!),  so I didn't have any expectations for Gram. But the location that I tried was the Kensington Gardens location back in March 2021 here in Vancouver and at the time, they only had a soft opening menu. 


Here are some of the photos I took:



Flavours
Top (left to right): Chocolate, Strawberry, Matcha, taro, Original, Oreo
Bottom (left to right(: Mango, Pork Floss, Coffee, Black Sesame, Raspberry, Chestnut





I was so sad there was no matcha when I visited! But I went back another day to try it.
I have tried all of the flavours except pork floss, original, raspberry, and chocolate.
My top three flavours are the taro (great taro flavour!), matcha, and black sesame. I didn't really enjoy the chestnut that much, it tasted underwhelming.

The pancakes are premade, so they are not fresh/warm when you get them. They taste more like a sponge cake than a fluffy pancake. But I still enjoyed them and for the price points ($3.75 - $5.50),  I think it is fair. There is still an on-going promotion where you can get 10% off if you get 5 pancakes, which is a nice way to try the flavours or share :)