Profile


Hello there, welcome to my beauty/lifestyle blog! My name is SJ and I am from Vancouver, British Columbia.
My interests include photography, (Korean/Japanese) beauty/skincare and... cute stuff (Mamegoma & Rilakkuma ♥).

Monday, May 3, 2021

Life After School - a confused millennial

It's been 5+ years since I've graduated from university (I have a business degree/marketing diploma), and I am not working in the field I thought I would be (still business-related, but quite opposite!). Am I happy? No. Who likes work :P? 

In all honesty though, I've been seeing many posts across social media platforms of millennials like me who are on the same boat: we are lost. But in a strange way, I feel a little comforted knowing I am not the only one going through this. I thought I was the only stupid one like this who couldn't get my shit together.

I remember when I was in high school, part of me couldn't wait to finish school so I could just live my life. I was naive, young and dumb :) But when it came to college applications, reality hit and I had no idea what I wanted to do. To be honest, I still don't. Even though, by 2nd year uni, when I decided to major in Marketing, I thought, "Okay, this is it. I've finally decided on a major! I'M UNSTOPPABLE" But little did I know how unimaginable the job search process was. Not only did I not know how to sell myself, I was also unequipped from the skillset that would make me a potential candidate for most job prospects.  Actually, I do suck at selling myself because I hate fluffing things and being fake.

I am not doing what I like/want to do, and there is no career path for what I'm doing (in other words, yes, I am doing what I would deem a dead-end job), but I have bills to pay and I have been through that unemployed rut. It was depressing and I don't want to go through that again, although I feel like I am feeling that again now.

I grew up on the internet. I feel like doing something online is meant for me..... does this make sense? But I am so bad at consistency, lol, whether it be my youtube channel(s), blogging here, or my photography.

I want to start a podcast. Should I? WILL I? lol!