Profile


Hello there, welcome to my beauty/lifestyle blog! My name is SJ and I am from Vancouver, British Columbia.
My interests include photography, (Korean/Japanese) beauty/skincare and... cute stuff (Mamegoma & Rilakkuma ♥).

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Arashiyama Rilakkuma Sabo (Tea House), Kyoto

This Rilakkuma Tea House opened in 2017 in Arashiyama, Kyoto. 
There are 3 parts:

Cafe 10:30~17:30
Takeout 10:00~17:30
Shop 10:00~18:00

I got there right at 10:30 and there was no queue. They do a ticket system so you need to grab a ticket number and wait for them to call your number to go upstairs to the actual teahouse/cafe :)


 
Upstairs in the cafe :D

What I love about Japan is that there are seasonal promos going on. If you use Line, sometimes you can earn points by adding the store, or you might get some special limited time offers.

lol yes, I took a photo of the napkin because even that was cute XD

Rilakkuma plushies that accompany you and your meal haha

1,650円
Cute cute, mind you, however, the Rilakkuma heads wrapped in in the leaves...there's nothing int he leaves. It's literally just their heads!

1,580円
The Rilakkuma laying on the drink (We chose Royal Milk Tea Latte) is marshmallow.

Cut them in half to share with my sister XD


 Overall.... I know you're just paying for the experience and the design, but for the amount of food you get from the price, I find it too expensive. Not my favourite cute themed cafe, but also not the worst :P The flavour of the food was mediocre, like a 3/5 in my opinion LOL nothing super amazing.


Some merchandise in the store:



Easter/Spring themed cuteness!


 The store was starting to get busy the time I finished eating so I didn't take too many photos :P the products are always changing, so you should visit the website to see what's currently in season.

There is also a Rilakkuma Tea house in Miyajima in Hiroshima that opened recently as well. The thing I love/hate about Japan stores sometimes carry products that are only exclusive to that location (regardless of the city you're in too! If/When I ever visit Hiroshima, I will most likely check out the Rilakkuma cafe there too since I love Rilakkuma :'D and other Rilakkuma cafes around the world that I travel to.... ;)